Being comfortable in your body weight is a good thing , but shedding the extras is always recommended for a healthy lifestyle. Extra calories and Kilos do no good to our body, except making us prone to several life risking diseases and making us feel lethargic . Blame it on unhealthy eating habits, less than stable fast paced lifestyle , stress but one thing is for sure we have been ignoring our health like never before. The certain thing we cannot ignore is our body weight . Though it seems to be pretty difficult to loose weight in 30 Days, but with correct exercises and food the aim is achievable . We bring you 6 must to do exercises which will transform your body in 30 Days .
How to Do It:
- Get into a plank position on the floor with your hands directly underneath your shoulders. Your body should form a straight line from your head to ankles.
- Contract your abdomen by pulling in your belly button towards your spine, and flex your quads and glutes. Bend your elbows to lower your body down until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Quickly straighten your arms to push yourself back up to the plank position, lift your left arm off the floor and straighten it as you rotate your torso to the left until you’re balancing your body on your right hand and your left is pointing towards the ceiling.
- Pause and return to the plank position and do another pushup, rotating to your right side. Perform the prescribed number of repetitions per side.
2. Side Plank – Leg Lift
If you want your side abs and flat belly, you have to perform exercises that strengthen your entire core and incorporate healthy eating.
That’s exactly what this move does. Aside from your side stomach muscles called obliques, this side plank exercise also targets your latissimus dorsi (the largest muscles in your back), allowing your body to strengthen both your side abs and back.
By adding a leg lift to this core strengthening exercise, you are doubling the work on your core by adding extra loads to your body. As a result, you not only tone your side abs, but also strengthen your mid section and back to improve your posture.
How to Do It:
- Lie down on your right side on a yoga mat with your legs straight.
- Contract your abdomen by drawing your belly button in towards your spine, and prop upper body up on your right elbow and forearm.
- Lift your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to ankles. Hold as directed, then switch sides and repeat on the other side.
3. Jump Rope
Benefits of jumping rope: Jumping rope is a great calorie-burner. You’d have to run an 8 minute mile to work off more calories than you’d burn from jumping rope.
Aside from just burning calories, jumping rope is a great cardiovascular exercise for improving your heart strength and lungs. Because it is predominantly body weight, you can perform this exercise anywhere, which makes it convenient and travel friendly.
It is great for weight loss as well.
How to Do It:
- Grab the handles with your thumbs and index fingers, with a comfortable but firm grip. Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Make small circles with your wrists as you turn the rope. Keep your body relax and look straight ahead.
- Only jump high enough to clear the rope. As you jump the rope should touch the surface slightly.
Benefits of lunges: Whether you’re trying to shape up your lower body, lose thigh fat, increase muscle tones or develop core strength, lunge can help you achieve your goal.
This functional, multi-joint exercise can be modified to meet your exact fitness level making it appropriate from beginners to advanced fitness enthusiasts.
According to the American Council on Exercise, lunges are one of the most effective lower-body exercises and offer comparable benefits with squats, step-ups and quadruped and four-way hip extensions.
They effectively work the glutes and quadriceps as well as your hamstrings.
Working and strengthening these large muscle groups can fasten your metabolism, which is beneficial if you’re trying to lose weight.
Lunges can help reduce excess fat from your legs and shape, tone and firm up your tush.
Lunges also improve your core strength. When doing lunges, you must engage your core muscles, including your back and abdominal, to keep your body upright and balanced as you move your hips up and down.
How to Do It:
- Stand up tall with your chest up, shoulders back, abs tight and feet hip-width apart
- Keeping your upper body straight, shift your weight to one foot, step backward with your right foot and lower into a lunge position.
- Pause, then push yourself back up to the starting position as quickly as you can. Do the prescribed number of repetitions.
5. Superman Exercise
Benefits of the superman exercise: The “Superman exercise” engages the glutes and strengthen the lower back region. No-equipment needed to perform.
How to Do It:
- Lie on your stomach and draw your belly button toward your spine to tighten your abs. Keep your legs straight, arms stretched out over your head, and palms facing each other
- Contract your glutes, arch your back and raise your arms and legs.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds and slowly lower them down to the floor. Do the prescribed number of repetitions.
6. Glute Bridge
Benefits of glute bridge: Although the bridge is an effective glute-toning exercise, it also works the core. It’s simple to perform, yet it’s a great strengthening exercise for your entire midsection.
This exercise engages just about every muscle attached to your hips including the abs and core.
How to Do It:
- Lie on your back on a yoga mat with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your feet hip-width apart, heels 6 inches from your butt. Gently contract your abdominal muscles to flatten your low back into the floor. Attempt to maintain this gentle muscle contraction throughout the exercise.
- Gently exhale. Keep the abdominal engaged and lift your hips up off the floor all the way up so your knees, hips and shoulders form a straight line. Press your heels into the floor for added stability.
- Pause for 1-2 seconds at the top and then slowly lower yourself back to your starting position.?
Tips: Avoid pushing your hips too high, which can cause hyper extension (arching) in your low back. Keeping your abdominal engaged to helps to prevent excessive arching in the low back.
This challenge was designed to challenge you but also to gradually build your strength as you progress over the 30 day period, so you will have enough strength to complete the challenge at the end.
By increasing the set counts rather than upping rep counts, you won’t have to sacrifice your form and quality when performing each exercise.
Latest posts by Priyanka Pandey (see all)
- Tips to protect your hair and skin from colours of Holi - February 28, 2017
- Nokia re-launched the Iconic Model Nokia 3310, Key Features you need to Know - February 27, 2017
- 5 Ways to Get Rid of Sun Tan Naturally - February 24, 2017